Sunday, September 14, 2008

Family



A lot of you know how important my family is but some of you do not "know" my family. So I thougth I would post a few pictures and explanations of why my family is so special. 
First: 
Dik---my husband of 26 years.
  
What can I say about the man who stole my heart. We met at ACU right after I turned 18 years old. I was sweet 18 and never been kissed. Did not date in high school. Had dated one other person at ACU, who ended up being a wonderful friend and more like a big brother. When he saw Dik and I together he said "I think you should marry him".  It was his eyes that I first noticed. Then his smile. This picture still melts me. :) 

We dated for two WEEKS and then did not speak for two YEARS. All because of "other people". But through a lot, alot, A LOT of prayer, God brought us back together, my junior year. I prayed, on my birthday, at the beginning of the semester that all I wanted for my birthday 
was for Dik to talk to me. Well there I was in the student center and he walked right up to me. We ended up living blocks apart and he showed up at my house one day. God gave me the greatest blessing. We were married after my Sr. year in June. What a wonderful day. I would do it all over again, every minute. I have had a wonderful 26 years and pray for another 26 to go with it. 
Our Family Picture in 2001

Dik Baptizing our son. 

Us on a ski trip

Dik and Collin

Us at Central Park
Dik's 50th Birthday last November
Next to come---Brenna--our first born. 

1 comment:

carrhop said...

So, so sweet to see glimpses of your story! It is so amazing when the Lord writes a love story.

Glad you liked the Beach Babes and the Selah--always so thrilled when something the Lord is laying on my heart finds resonance in the heart of someone else.

Blessings!

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker