Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Post



Ok--I really am tired of seeing my broken tooth, black eye, etc on my blog--so I thought it was time to put up a new post.

I cannot believe that it is August. Time flies by. Not fast enough for Brenna and John. They still do not have any foster kids and we all are really getting anxious. I am ready to be a Nonnie an
d Dik is ready to be a Poppy to whoever comes into our lives. We have bought Winnie the Pooh everything we can think of. It has been so much fun.

Taco Casa land is closed but we are waiting for the final plans to give the contractor to start building. We are ready for that part of our lives to start.

We had a wondeful vacation to New Hampshire,
Maine, Niagara Falls and Vermont in June, and this is horrible---but I am ready for a vacation. We went, went, went here, there, everywhere. We had a fabulous time but I am in need for just some rest and relaxation. So we are going to Cancun in 12 days. I found a great deal on line and the airplane tickets alone would have cost what we are getting 5 nights, all inclusive, plus airfare and transfers from the airport!! So it will really be good for both of us to sit, watch the water and do nothing but read and maybe Dik can work on his book that is 21 years in the making. Our brains have been going nonstop with my mom moving here (I have not lived by my mom for 30 years. They lived in Colorado mostly and we would see them 1-2 times a year, so now it is an adjustment for all of us to have her here and in our every day lives. She has her own house), Taco Casa, transcription, teaching bible classes, Collin being home and transferring to MSU, bible studies and so on and so on. So due to my history of anxiety attacks/panic disorder and Dik's stress reactions of PVCs and stomach problems, we need an escape.

I am going to post some of our best pictures from our first vacation.

Hope all is well with my blog friends.
Much love-----


We bought Maple syrup from this man who makes it.


THE HILLS ARE ALIVE..........




4 comments:

carrhop said...

Gorgeous pics from June!! Wow!!! Can't wait to see what you take in Cancun!

Hope it is a time of refreshing and relaxing and resetting the stress meters!

Glad you liked the Daddy's Girl photo--you'll have so much fun taking pics of that new grandbaby! I look forward to seeing your journey through adoption with the one the Lord has chosen for your family to graft in.

Blessings!

April said...

I would love to go to Cancun again. We are going to try and go next year.

I love all your pics.

Karen said...

I'm glad to see that "broken tooth" blog done, too...ha! I know that doesn't hold great memories for you.

It is funny how you didn't feel rested on your vacation, because your pictures all look so restful and soothing...ha! Those kind of vacations aren't though, so you will love just relaxing...even if "water" isn't your favorite place to be. Have fun!

carrhop said...

Excited to see the Cancun pics and hope you all have/had a marvelous time (trying to remember when you were headed that way...)

Thanks for your sweet comments on our anniversary! I can hardly believe it's been that long--and then I look around the dinner table and see the proof!
Blessings!

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker